ICSA Meeting at BAUMA
This year ICSA (International Crane Stakeholders Assembly) met on the 10th of April during the BAUMA fair in Munich. The meeting was hosted by ESTA and FEM.
Three meetings were held:
• A meeting between peak bodies that represent Crane and Rigging Users (CICA - The Crane Industry Council of Australia), (CRAC -.Crane Rental Association of Canada), (ESTA - European Association of Abnormal Road Transport and Mobile Cranes) and (SC&RA - Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association)
• A meeting between Associations that represent Crane Manufacturers (AEM - Association of Equipment Manufacturers), (FEM - European Materials Handling Federation), association guest (JCA - Japan Crane Association), and guests from China.
• A joint meeting of both ‘user’ and ‘manufacturer’ associations. Chinese guests were not present.
The key issues identified as having an impact on crane and rigging users and manufacturers include:
• An update and action for draft ICSA position paper on ground conditions - updating information on the transport and logistics of delivering large windfarm components onto site and the coordination of hard stand utilization
• An update and action for draft ICSA position paper on the use of cranes on barges - review and update the paper from feedback received
• A summary of developments to crane standards - EN 13000, B30.5, and B30.30
• Introduction of the ICSA website which will ‘go live’ in May (www.icsa-crane.org)
The next ICSA meeting will be held in Las Vegas during the 2020 CONEXPO-CON/AGG Trade Fair on 12 March 2020.